Taking oflox tz for fistula. Have ulcers on inside of lips. Side effect of medicine?

I have been prescribed Oflox TZ as a part of treatment for Fistula (other than surgery). After taking this, I have ulcers in back side of mouth(lips). Can you guide if Oflox TZ has such sideeffect?
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Ulcer in the mouth only may not be directly related to these medicines. They may cause mouth ulcer as a part of generalized allergy to the medicines that you are taking. Another point one has to note is that these medicines (antibiotics in particular) can cause problem in the protective bacteria of human digestive tract. This may result in vitamin deficiency, mouth ulcers etc.

Please see a physician and get this examined to rule out a remote possibility of apthous ulcer.

Best wishes