Taking methadone, hydromorphone and zanaflex. In how much duration gap should the medicines be taken?

How long n should I wait between taking most medications together? I take methadone 3 x a day Hydromorphone every 4-6 hrs Lyrica, senna cot , AM & PM Potassium supplement AM Cymbalta, zanaflex,ambien PM I usually take a lot of them relatively close times . Can this b a reason I don't always feel like MEDS are working? Do u have a daily schedule in mind to help me keep things apart? Or are there just certain MEDS I need to take a few hours apart. Thank u I HAVE AN EXISTING ACCOUNT AND THOUGHT I HAD PAID FOR SOME QUESTIONS, BUT I CANT PROCEED WITHOUT PAYING.....ANY SUGGESTIIONS?
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: 5-10 min gap is required Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Its true that you are on a lot of medications. But fortunately the medications that you mentioned do not have any major drug interaction. You should try taking them with atleast a 5-10 min gap between them. Taking cymbalta, ambien and Lyrica at night can cause excess sedation but if you are waking on time then I dont think it is fact to worry about. Be careful while operating machinery as many of the drugs especially the lyrica in the day can impair your capacity and alertness. Drive slowly if you are driving. Regarding your thoughts that the medications are not working, the psychotropics take a long time to start working. Si I would request you to be patient. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Taking methadone, hydromorphone and zanaflex. In how much duration gap should the medicines be taken? 7 hours later
Thank u for telling me to b patient with MEDS but I have been on this full list 3years or more. I think she is wanting to go lower on methadone and add a fentanyl patch,not my first choice ...all I need is enough of a relief through with the pain and water therapy, blocks , and infusions so thar I can care for my toddler without help. Thanks so much. Really appreciate the time u take out of ur day to help me
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Some add on Detailed Answer: Hello From what you have sated in your two queries uptill now it appears that you are having some issues of depression as well. I understand that you are fed up with drug and there is no point in suggesting newer drugs. What I would like to suggest is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). This therapy is taken by either a psychologist or a psychiatrist in which the therapist identifies impaired cognitions (Thoughts) and try to correct them. They are 15-20 min weekly session and there should be around 8-10 sessions to help you with your illness. Hope that Helps Wish you good health, Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy