Taking medicine rifampicin, isoniazid, ethambutol and pyrazinamime kit. Suggestion?

my daugter age is 17year. she was 1 month ago mandest that is strong postive.she contineu medicine (rifampicin,isoniazid,ethambutol and pyrazinamime kit)monday,wenesday and frieday mornig 7am .she is wheigt-22/06/2013 49kg,please tell more information nb;she study is continuing.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 24 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

She is having treatment for tuberculosis, which is a chronic illness needing constant treatment for 6-9 months.

All these drugs needs to be taken for 2 months , then regime will be two drugs only , which also can be given in combination for another 4-6 months.

Do check the liver functions and uric acid while on these drugs regularly.

Please let me know if you need further information.