Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What am I suffering from?

being sent to neurologist by rheum., but worried... had 2nd episode of loss of control of limbs (somewhat) dropping things, confused, dizzy and everything was moving at what seemed like a snails pace for what seemed like eternity but more like 5-7 min. span. have been dx: mild lupus(1 yr), hashimotos thyroid (15yrs) what does this sound like? i also suffer from migraines my meds; plaquenil, topamax, toprol, imitrex, zoloft.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
The symptoms described deserve exclusion of any brain involvement as far as the origin of these symptoms are concerned. Dropping this unconsciously is commonly seen in neurologic conditions like focal epileptic syndromes, generally called drop attacks. Diseases and these moving about you could constitute the symptoms that usually precede these attacks.
neurologic manifestations as such. Visiting a neurologist is primordial to exclude a neurologic origin or your symptoms and could help also in putting in perspective the origins of the headache you are experiencing. Brain exams like a CT scan and an electroencephalogram (EEG), a machine to measure the electrical activity of the brain could be useful in assessing these symptoms. When the cause is well known, appropriate treatment is usually given and the outcomes/results are usually satisfactory
Meeting a neurologist as advised by your treating physician to me is the right thing to do.
have a nice time as I hope this helps,
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What am I suffering from? 27 hours later
Dr. Luchuo,
I saw my neurologist today. My physical exam was great I am only waiting for my MRI results to come in. I'm having horrible short term memory problems. My neurologist is cutting back on my migraine preventative to see if we can try to overt some of these brain fog/memory issues. Starting small but moving forward.
Your input has been appreciated.

Thanks again..
God Bless
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 5 hours later

I am glad you went to your neurologist. Let s wait and see the results of the MRI. This shall be a key in making a more comprehensive and appropriate treatment plan.

Wish you good health and best regards,

Luchuo, MD.