Taking medicine for headaches, dizziness, low mood and blurred vision. Underlying cause?

I need help /advice pls is this something more serious?

I have been suffering since November 2012 with very dizzy spells, space out feeling like a rush through my body, headache, nerve pains in my head and face, increase in pins and needles, then at the end of December I got a cold and since then my sinuses have been blocked, I have had antibiotics, nasal spay, steroid spray. Since this has all sorted I have had contestant pressure in my face behind my eyes which is why I was thinking it was my sinuses but nothing helps, I have had numb feeling in my face and been prescribed amitriptyline I have been taking for three weeks with no improvement.

I have got so fed up with this feeling and constant dizzyness that I feel now I'm depressed, I'm fatigued, not sleeping and over eating a lot. I have no patience and get angry.

I really need some advice on what this could be, I can't keep going on feeling like this and it not going away, I can't drive I feel that spaced out.

Nerve pain
Pressure behind eyes face
Blocked sinus feeling
Pins and needles
Low mood
Angry mood
Blurred vision on occasions

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your medical history

Th possibilities in your case could be 1. Migraine 2. Seizures- sensory seizures 3. Anxiety problem. Other conditions that can present like this are low calcium in blood.

The best way to resolve this issue will be to get evaluated by a neurologist who will interview you. This clinical and focused interview will clarify so many issues and help us narrow down the clinical possibilities. The clinical examination will follow this interview and the physician will then determine exactly if you have any neurological problem or not. Then you may undergo investigations like MRI brain, Electroencephalogram (just like ECG of heart, it maps the brain function) and other blood test. If all these come out as negative, then you should XXXXXXX a psychiatrist to find out if this could represent an anxiety related problem. Once the diagnosis is established, the treatment will be easy.

Hope this clarifies your query
Please get back to me in case you have any concern
Best wishes