Taking medicine for depression and previous blood clot. Feeling noise in head. What's going on?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i am troubled by head noises ususally in the mornings , it is like a screach/screach noise and is worse when i move my head i also feel pressure and nauseous.
i am a 70 year old female
i take venaxx xl 75mg for depression and pravastatin 20mg aspirin 75mg for previous blood clots
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Noises in the head is most commonly caused by blocked ear canal by wax or infection. It can also be indicative of a middle ear disease. There may be a damage to the nerve endings responsible for hearing due to aging.
You need a thorough evaluation by an ENT specialist as there are various causes for these symptoms and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.
Till then avoid caffeine and smoking.
You can also add Zinc and Ginkgo Biloba supplements to your diet for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.