Taking loxalate. Feeling depressed, anxiety, tired after increasing dose. Is this normal?

Hi, I have been taking 10 mg of Loxalate for about 6 months. Three days ago I increased it to 15 mg a day. Now I feel more depressed, anxiety, tired, lonely, and over focusing on bad issues in my life. I have been on several antidepressants and never experienced a worsening of symptoms before (except with venlafaxine). The same thing happened when I first started taking Loxalate. Is this normal or is this the wrong medication for me? Do I just need to give it more time. I am worried I may become worse. Thank you XXXXXX
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thank you very much for asking. Change in mood, feeling more anxious, problem with concentration and feeling tired in the first few days of increasing the dose is a common thing. In most of the time they are improved very soon. A good way to decrease the side effects is to divide the dose you are taking during the day. Sometimes, increasing the dose may affect the sleep at night and can have negative effect in that way. If it is so, you may ask your doctor to give you a medication to improve your sleep quality. Otherwise, you will not see the positive effects of the dose increase. Let me know if you have any question. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Taking loxalate. Feeling depressed, anxiety, tired after increasing dose. Is this normal? 1 hour later
Hi, thank you for your response. I will given Loxalate a bit longer then and not ask my doctor to try another medication yet. Based on what you have said, I think I will try taking 5 mg in the morning and the other 10 mg at night. Thank you for your help, XXXXXX.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 13 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX you're most welcome. Let me know about the progress after a week or two if you wish.