Taking lipitor for high cholesterol. Getting backache. Can I control cholesterol level naturally?

Excellent
Question
I have been taking lipitor for high cholesterol and it gives me horrible back aches and I finally couldn't stand the pain and stopped it. Is there anything natural that can lower Ch. without taking medication. I eat well and it is inherited.
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Cholesterol

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 22 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Life style modification is the base - Diet and exercise are the backbone of it

Avoid animal fat, fried food, junk food. Fish is alright. Butter, cheese, full cream milk and milk products, yellow of the egg - have high cholesterol. High fibre diet helps. A good dietician is necessary to guide. You may need several sessions to master the vocabulary and practice - calories, saturation, biological values and so on.

Aerobic exercises are useful - half an hour a day / at least 5 days ia week.

Avoid other risk factors like smoking and alcohol.

There are drugs other than statins - Fibrates / Ezetimibe - which do not have the problem. Discuss with your personal doctor and get guidance and prescription.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck

Follow-up: Taking lipitor for high cholesterol. Getting backache. Can I control cholesterol level naturally? 20 minutes later
I eat a lot of yogurt. Is that considered OK for someone with a High Cholesterol problem?

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Milk and its products have a wide range of fat content - 3% is called full fat / 1.5% is half-fat / 0.5 % % or less is called No fat. There are some highly concentrated forms - like evaporated or condensed 8% approximately / Cheese has 40% +

So read the label, before buying / some have standard colour codes in packing.
No fat yoghurt is ideal - no problems.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck