Ask a Urologist   »  

Taking glynase mf for diabetes. Started getting itching on penis tip. Looking for cure

Jul 2016

Hi Dr
after pedaling 400 km in 27 hrs my penis is itching in the tip
somewhare in the front part i feel as if something is trying to expand or bulging out
this was there when i did my 300 Km cycling and remained for a fortnight
it was not there when i did my 200Km
what can i do for it, i'm diabitic and taking glynase mf 1 in morning 1 in afternoon and 1/2 in night
i don't take the day i'm cycling
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later

Based on what you have posted, you are diabetic and getting itching over the tip of the penis. It is likely to be Mucocutaneous Candidiasis. You have been taking oral medication for diabetes.

Have you tested your blood Sugar levels recently to see whether your diabetes is under control?

If not tested so far get it done now and consult some Diabetologist or Physician to adjust the dosage or change the medicine that you are taking at present.

Please take Anti fungal medication Fluconazole as a single dose along with some Topical Gel for local application over the glans and foreskin twice daily.

If possible, monitor your Blood Sugar levels yourself with Glucometer during your touring and avoid skipping to take medicines.

Please feel free if you have any more questions. I shall be pleased to help you. Thanks with Regards.
Dr Patil.
Follow-up: Taking glynase mf for diabetes. Started getting itching on penis tip. Looking for cure 23 hours later

It was another cyclist Dr who suggested not to take glynaze while cycling long rides

any way i can take it

Glucometer i'll check the possibility a little costly but may help to watch closely
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later

I have suggested taking medication because whenever you take a food it has to be converted in to energy for which insulin is required to metabolise the glucose. Oral anti diabetic drugs stimulate pancreas to secrete Insulin. So better not to skip medication. However the dose and frequency of medication needs to be titrated according to your blood sugar levels. Hence my suggestion to use a glucometer.

Irregular medications may be a reason for uncontrolled sugars. The blood sugar readings on the glucometer can help your treating doctor to treat you more efficiently as use of Glucometer is helpful to know the status of diabetes on day to day basis.

Now a day’s Glucometers are available at very reasonable price and that is a one time purchase. Therefore I don't think that will burn a large hole in your pocket.

Hope this suffices. I will be available for further clarifications.