Have done with blood sugar test and urine test. Does it indicate to have diabetes?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have complete report of get test,fasting blood sugar was noted to be 97mg/dl,i was given 75 glucose and after one hour the blood sugar was noted to be 197mg/dl, again after one hour blood sample was taken and reading was 126mg/dl. Urine analysis was also done at same interval of the blood , no sugar was present in urine with the above results please tell me if am diabetic or pre diabetic . As per the lab the one hour test range should be. XXXXXXX up to 180mg/dl.am just 31 years and male
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

It can not be concluded that you are having diabetis just as your one post prandial level is high. Your fasting as well as urine reports are normal.

Laboratory reports has to be corelated with your signs and symptoms to confirm or rule out any diagnosis so I recommand you to consult your doctor. Doctor may advise you to go for HbA1c or may advise to have dietary restrictions and repeat the same test after some time.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Have done with blood sugar test and urine test. Does it indicate to have diabetes? 5 minutes later
The GTT test was ordered by the doctor as my HB1Ac was noted slightly on a pre diabetic side. I checked my HB1AC which was noted to be 6.8.
with this information kindly let me know if am pre diabetic or not.

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 2 hours later
Thanks for reverting to me with additional unformation.

Your HbA1C and GTT reports are suggestive that you are pre diabetic but still reports has to be co related with symptoms.

I recommand you to consult diabetologist . Doctor may advise you to have dietary restrictions and exercise and may advise to have GTT after some time.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Thanks.