Diabetic, using Glucored forte and PIOZ but sugar level remain high. Suggest?

hello sir , myself 45 yr male suffering from diabetes for last 5 yrs. using Glucored forte - twice & day & PIOZ mf 30 also twice a days but my sugar level remain constant fasting 140-50 & PP 160-170. Advice how it can be reduced to a comfortable level.

Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Revison of the antidiabetic medications

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Endocrinology, working with an experienced Diabetologist. I answer on his behalf.

The medication you are on may have to be revised. I believe the medication strength is not enough for controlling the sugar levels in you.

Also diet plays vital role in controlling the sugar levels, Do avoid carbohydrates in the diet strictly. This will show a drastic change in the blood sugar levels.

There is no need to worry, as this scenario is very common in diabetics and needs constant revision of the anti diabetic medications.

Hope, I answered your query.