Taking glycomet for diabetes. Any alternate medicine to control diabetes?

Aug 2012

Hi! This is XXXXXXX from nagpur.I am 40yrs and diabetic since 4yrs.I am taking glycomet 250 mg 1and 1/2 tab each i.e(375mg) dose during lunch and dinner.My average fasting is 142 mg/dl and pp is 180mg/dl.Kindly suggest me proper medicine so as to control my diabetes properly.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 8 hours later

Thank you for the query here. The medication Glycomet 250 (Metformin 250) is a very very mild dose for you. Your target for Fasting sugar has to be upto 100 when you are just 40 years old. Post-prandial sugars upto 160 will give best results in terms of preventing future complications.
The medicine will not change in your case but the dose has to be increased and for this you please see your Diabetologist/ physician as the XXXXXXX policy does not allow direct prescription online. It is also not safe. But increasing the dose of Tab Glycomet both the times is the only step to do. The maximum dose of this tablet should not be beyond 2500mg per day for you.
Please get back with any other related query. Take care.