Taking femilon for a long time. Will it cause breast cancer?

Hi, I am 32 and taking Femilon since last 2 years, Is it safe taking Tab Femilon for long time like 5 years or more, if not what are the side effects? I have even heard long time use of femilon may lead to breast cancer. Is it true? please reply.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: Taking femilon for a long time. Will it cause breast cancer? 7 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

Any oral contraceptive if used for a longer period can cause certain side effects like

Weight gain,
Mood changes,
Breast lump,
High cholesterol,
High blood pressure,
Jaundice, etc.

Some women do not face any problem but knowing the side effects one should be cautious.

Get your regular check up done like:
Examination of breasts,
Liver function tests,
Lipid profile, etc.

I would like to know your obstetric history so that I can suggest you for the choice of contraceptive.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.