Taking eltroxin for thyroid problem. Will it cause any problem during pregnancy?

Hi Doctor My wife has Thyroid but currently it is T3 - 0.96. She is using Eltroxin 600mg for week. Currently she is pregnent (1Month 1 week) . We consulted gynecologist and told her treatment history. Now I have a question like whether we need to consult both thyroid doctor and gynecologist or we can go ahead and take suggestion of gynecologist.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need a specialist care during pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Dear Mr. XXXX, Hi! congratulations on your would be father status. now coming to your query, I will suggest pregnancy is a very special phase of a couple's life, every child is very precious. So you need special care and specialist care during this period. Can you ask a thyroid specialist to conduct delivery for your wife and avoid seeing a gynecologist? NO DEFINITELY NOT! similarly you need to see a thyroid specialist for thyroid disorder. Another thing i could not get FREE T4 and TSH from your query so I cannot comment upon the dose from T3 alone. 600mg /week is also a wrong way of interpreting the dose , please tell me her daily dose . Regards!