Taking eltroxin for thyroid problem. Will it cause any problem during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
Hi Doctor My wife has Thyroid but currently it is T3 - 0.96. She is using Eltroxin 600mg for week. Currently she is pregnent (1Month 1 week) . We consulted gynecologist and told her treatment history. Now I have a question like whether we need to consult both thyroid doctor and gynecologist or we can go ahead and take suggestion of gynecologist.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need a specialist care during pregnancy. Detailed Answer: Dear Mr. XXXX, Hi! congratulations on your would be father status. now coming to your query, I will suggest pregnancy is a very special phase of a couple's life, every child is very precious. So you need special care and specialist care during this period. Can you ask a thyroid specialist to conduct delivery for your wife and avoid seeing a gynecologist? NO DEFINITELY NOT! similarly you need to see a thyroid specialist for thyroid disorder. Another thing i could not get FREE T4 and TSH from your query so I cannot comment upon the dose from T3 alone. 600mg /week is also a wrong way of interpreting the dose , please tell me her daily dose . Regards!
People also viewed
- Eltroxin top up during pregnancy
- Cyclopam combination
- Oxytocin and prolactin release origin
- Painful growth inside my nose
- Vasopressin stimulation test normal results
- Eltroxin dose adjustment during pregnancy
- Normal thyroid ranges for women
- Overactive thyroid symptoms on waking
- Nuclear medicine for thyroid problems
- Suggest dosage of eltroxin and methimez for thyroid problem
- How to increase rapid progressive motility
- Normal thyroid function tests taking eltroxin
- It is safe to take eltroxin 100mg during pregnancy
- How long does mdpv stay in your system
- What type of doctor treats lockjaw