Taking divalproex sodium for manic bipolar disorder. Is it safe to eat something that contains morphine?

hii i am taking divalproex sodium for my manic bioplor disorder from last 4 months. but the other thing sometimes twice a week i eat crush dried XXXXXXX pods contain (morphine and codiene) so i wanna know is that safe for me if i mix XXXXXXX pods with divalproex sodium, because XXXXXXX pods good for my depression,stress,anxiety, its calm me down and i feel happy,but i dont know if any intreaction with mix together
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

There is not known adverse drug interaction between Divalproex and XXXXXXX seed(Morphine derivatives).
XXXXXXX seed interaction with other substances are not well studied and documented.

So with the available medical knowledge there is no contraindication in taken Divalproex sodium with Dried XXXXXXX pods.

Hope this answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.