Taking crestor for depression, like to start cipralex. Issue in taking cipralex & crestor together?

Are they any potential issues of taking cipralex and crestor at the same time ? I used to take cipralex in the past without any problems. Taking crestor now and would like to start taking cipralex (say 10) again.

Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 23 minutes later

Cipralex (Escitalopram) is an anti depressant. Crestor (Rosuvastatin) is a statin class drug used to treat increased lipid and cholesterol levels in blood. I would like to highlight the fact that both the drugs should be taken under guidance from your Physician and starting any of the above drug (especialy Cipralex) as over the counter medication is strongly not recommended.

If you feel that your symptoms of depression have returned its best to have a psychiatric evaluation done by the psychiatrist who can then give a better individualised treatment to you.
As regards your query on taking both drugs together - there is no known interaction between the two drugs (crestor and cipralex).

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.