Taking birth control pills. There was no gap and had taken continuously. Will that be harmful?

Question
My girlfriend is eating XXXXXXX birthcontrol pills. Three questions. 1st, why only one colour and only 21 pills? 2nd, she did not stop between first 21 pills, just kept on eating the next 21 pills.Is it harmful and when will she have her period? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX XXXXXXX is a oestrogen and progesterone combined pill.
1st, why only one colour and only 21 pills? This is in accordance with normal menstrual period, which we take normally as 28 days, of which 21 days is hormonal period and last 7 days as menstrual bleeding period. For your information some of the brands contain 28 days pills of which 21 are hormonal and 7 pills are placebo.

2nd, she did not stop between first 21 pills, just kept on eating the next 21 pills.Is it harmful and when will she have her period? It is not harmful, and it is still protective against pregnancy. She will get her periods once she finishes all the 21 pills. usually she will get her periods within 7 days of stopping the pills.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW