Taking astraleen tablets for losing weight. Is there any side effects?

Hi, actually me and my wife are taking ASTRALEEN tablets for loosing weight, please tell me if there are any side effects if my wife also takes it
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Astralean tablets contain Clenbuterol which specifically acts on the fat cells. But it is not free of side effects. It can cause palpitations, skeletal muscle hypertrophy, anxiety, shortness of breath, etc when used on long term.
You need to use it only under your physician's supervision after all the contraindicating factors are ruled out.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Taking astraleen tablets for losing weight. Is there any side effects? 16 hours later
Dear Doc, We use to use this only for 3 months. I read the side effects. However i just need to confirm that does it initiates spotting. My wife has noticed that since two months when she had the tablets on and off ...not continous. every 14 and 15 day strting from frst day of period she gets spotting . This has never happened before...please revert
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
The mild spotting your wife is having is likely to be due to a hormonal disturbance. Clenbuterol is not likely to cause any hormonal disturbance. If the spotting is persistent, the cause of spotting needs to be investigated with the help of a gynecologist after proper examination and investigations.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Taking astraleen tablets for losing weight. Is there any side effects? 23 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

One more thing I wanted to inquire is for the same tablet Astraleen, I have cholesterol and my Triglycerides are 330 ( Basically Hereditary as my grand mom and dad also had)...will it cause any problem to me as I am pretty fit and am loosing weight and do not get tired when I am dancing or running or gyming...plz revert
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
A raised cholesterol and triglyceride level makes you prone to coronary artery disease. Taking clenbuterol may increase your heart rate and cardiac work. In case you have already undergone a cardiac screening investigations like ECG, Echo, TMT, etc and the results are within normal limits, then there is nothing to worry. You can take the medicine for short term under the supervision of your physician.
Best Regards.