Taking asperin and tenormin. Noticed swelling on leg after air travel. Stopped taking amlong for BP

Good

Question
I am taking the following medicines:1. asperin 150 mg once
2.tenormin 50 mg 3. cilacar 10mg twice(cilnidipine) 4.cetapin xr 500mg once
5.simvofix 20mg once 6 zyloric 100ng once. 7.renerveplus capsule once.
8.omez 20 mg once. Ihave been taking silodosin4mg for 6month and stopped
as advised by docotrs. I had angioplasy for one artery in 2005 for a block of about
70% and again done angiograme just year back again and problem found and I used to
consult cardiology, endocrinology,urology once in 6months with negative results. all
blood test shows at normal level.
MY PRESENT PROBLEM IS IN THE MORNING AFTER 9 OR 10 AM, MY ANKLES GET
SWELLING MILDLY ESPECIALLY LEFT. I HAD THIS PROBLEM FIRST WHEN I STARTED TAKING
TAB AMLONG A FOR BP AND STOPPED AS ADVISED BY DOCTOR. PROBLEM GETS AGRAVATED USUALLY ON AIRTRAVEL FOR MORETHAN2 HOURS IN THE MORNING NO SWELLING IS SEEN ANYWHERE IN THE BODY OR LEGS. TWO THREE DOCTORS SAY IT IS SOMETIMES GRAVITATIONAL OR BECAUSE OF CERTAIN MEDICINES ESPECIALLY FOR BP.
KINDLY ADVISE
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

I understand your problem but the fact is that it is suffered by many people of your age taking anti hypertensive medications. Apart from AMLONG, which has been stopped by you, there are other anti hypertensive medications which may be causing this slight edema. TENORMIN and CILACAR both can cause mild swelling in the feet. Other causes can be gravitational as told to you by your treating doctors.

As you age, slight weakening of valves of veins in lower legs occur, resulting in some swelling of foot.

There is nothing to worry. Take less of salt and processed foods. Consume more of XXXXXXX vegetables and whole grains. Do regular exercises.

I hope it helps. However, you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck
Thanks