Taking Rozavel and febustat for cholesterol. Feeling dizzy and weak. Is this side effect?

Hello , I am taking rozavel 5 and febustat 40 as cholesterol medicine after 10 days I am feeling dizzness and weekness and unable to focus on work is this side effect how to reduce it I already stop the medicine ??
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Dizziness and weakness is seen as side-effect with both medicines. Inability to focus may be seen with Rozavel. Studies have shown that these side-effects resolve spontaneously with time and no treatment is necessary. These medicines are usually considered safe and side-effects occur only in 1 - 2% people taking it. There is no way to predict how a person will react to statin and if side- effects will occur or not. I can advice the following to help you deal with it: - Avoid alcohol or other medicines since these medicines may affect liver and deteriorate your condition. - Get liver function tests done like Sr Bilirubin, SGOP, SGPT, etc - If liver function tests are abnormal, take treatment accordingly. Syrup Liv 52 from Himalaya company can be taken 1 tbsp daily to improve liver function. It may help with these side-effects as well. - Take low-fat diet to control your cholesterol. Also exercise at least 20 min a day. -Take hygienic and nutritious food - Also get blood tests done for Vitamin B12 deficiency and take supplements if deficient - One norm is to take 1 glass of lime water with 1 tsp salt mixed. This should work for dizziness. - Keep a track of your blood pressure. It may be low. - Meditation may help to improve focusing. Adapt to your new focusing power so that it does not interfere with your work. Take one task at a time to improve output. - Take multivitamin tablets like becosules one a day. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Taking Rozavel and febustat for cholesterol. Feeling dizzy and weak. Is this side effect? 29 minutes later
Thanks for your reply ,its 3 days before I stopped the medicine and feeling side effect till now ,So can you please tell me how many more days it will take to be normal ?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Less than a month Detailed Answer: Hi again It usually takes less than one month to recover from the side effects of the medicine. Can drink lots of fluids to flush out the medicine and other toxins produced as a result. Get well soon. Take care
Follow-up: Taking Rozavel and febustat for cholesterol. Feeling dizzy and weak. Is this side effect? 2 hours later
Hello, Thanks for your advice ,As you told its no need to take any medicine and problem will recover automatically ,because I am taking medicine for migraine sibelium 5mg in day should I continue or not also please make sure its just a side effect of cholesterol drugs because I am facing Headache,Dizziness,weakness,Nausea type problem so please advice me Should I wait for some days and it will be okay ? Thanks, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Sibelium can be taken Detailed Answer: Hi again Sorry for the late reply. There are not many medicines for dizziness. But if you are experiencing vertigo then some medicines can be taken. Medicines used for dizziness or vertigo are only for symptomatic relief and do not usually reverse the cause. That is why I think that it is better to recover spontaneously. Mostly do not make sudden movements and do not operate heavy machinery until you recover. Get up slowly from the bed in the morning. Sibelium (flunarizine) can be used for the symptom of vertigo as well as for migraine. Though rarely it may itself cause vertigo is some people. If you have vertigo then you can definitely take Sibelium or another medicine that is specific for vertigo. Other medicines for vertigo include betahistine, cinnarizine, cyclizine, etc. Some of these are available over-the-counter. There can be many causes of dizziness apart from medicine intake. If it started after taking some medicine, then most probably it is from medicine use. Otherwise neurological problems (some space-occupying lesion), cardiovascular problems, ear problems, etc can be causes. The work-up to look for cause can be extensive. It can include involvement of neurologist, cardiologist etc. They may advice tests according to their specialty. Tests can always to be taken to rule out these causes. Thus if you do not recover in 5 days, you can go for tests. At least a CT-Scan of the head can be done to find a cause. An MRI can also follow the CT scan. Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee