Taking Olmezest. Had two heart attacks. Will there be any adverse effect?

I am taking OLMEZEST H-20 since last 7 years as per Doctor's advice .I had Hart attacks twice in
1995 and 2002.
will there be any adverse effect.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 6 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with olmesartan medoxomil-hydrochlorothiazide. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in many cases, they are minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or a healthcare provider. Serious side effects can occur, but are very less common.
Common ones include dizziness, nausea, and upper respiratory tract infections. There are also some more serious and rare side effects, such as seizures, difficulty breathing and swallowing, and hair loss. However, in most cases, olmesartan medoxomil-hydrochlorothiazide side effects are minor and easily treated.
As you are on this drug for long time, i think you are tolerating this drug well.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.