Taking Lisinopril and amlodipine. Can I use Preparation H strenth cream?

Hello Dr.can i use preparation H XXXXXXX strength if iam taking lisinopril 20 mg in the morning and amlodipine 5mg at night
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes you may

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Preparation H XXXXXXX strenth cream is for local application in anal area especially for piles and related illnesses. I understand that you are hypertensive and seem to be controlled on your medications.
There is as such no contraindication for uee of this cream when hypertensive. However in certain hypertensive patients this cream cause elevation of blood pressure and the same can be monitored at home if you have a bp apparatus. If the bp doesnt rise high enogh then you should not bother.
So the answer, yes you can use but do measure ypur bp once in two days initially.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.