Taking Lexapro and xanax, still feels anxiety and nervousness. Took pill prescribed for ADHD, feel calm. Safe?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I am taking Lexapro and xanax daily. But I still feel anxiety and nervousness. I took one of my son's concerta pills ...he has adhd...and now I feel calm and focused.... Should I talk to my doctor about adhd? I have trouble focusing...but I am functional.
I usually wake up feeling terrible in the morning...nervous...sad....anxious...until I get the day going. I also have trouble with ocd type symptoms...intrusive thoughts about bad things happening to people...not that I would do anything to them...just things like something bad happening to them...like diseases...or something. I feel like I sound like a nut case as I write these things down.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should talk about attention problem to doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi

"Feeling terrible in the morning...nervous...sad....anxious...until I get the day going" could be a symptom of depression so also concentration problem.

One of the symptom of OCD is impaired concentration.

For ADHD diagnosis, along with attention problem, there should be hyperactivity and impulse control

If there is no response to the first line drugs (Lexapro and Xanax) then I would prescribe concerta to my patients after diagnosis of OCD and Depression alone. Concerta is not first line drugs for depression / OCD but can be given if there is associated ADHD as well.

Therefore, you should talk to your doctor whether you have ADHD and then try Concerta.

Wish you good luck

Follow-up: Taking Lexapro and xanax, still feels anxiety and nervousness. Took pill prescribed for ADHD, feel calm. Safe? 1 hour later
Thank you for your input. I am more ADD I think...I don't have hyperactivity so much but I have trouble concentrating frequently....and in getting tasks done in a timely manner.

I go to a psychiatrist for my medication of Lexapro and Xanax. I will check with her and discuss the possible ADD.

Thank you again!
God bless you and your family! XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Great ! god bless you and your family, too

Detailed Answer:
I appreciate your psychological sophistication

At the same time, one has to remember that in adequately treated depression / OCD can have impaired attention / concentration. This you must talk to your doctor

I wish you all the good health...

God bless you and your family, too