Taking Glumetza. Hair thinning, inner shaking, ear pressure and sound. What to do?

I started seeing an endocrinologist... PCOS and cushings were both ruled out. I was told i am insulin resistant with hypoglycemia and placed on a 150 carbohydrate a day diet. I started metformin 500 mg for about a week but the side effects were severe. Now they have started me on 500 mg two times a day of glumetza... Again I have side effects.. my hair is thinning faster... I have inner shaking, i've lost 8 lbs in three weeks, i wake up with a whooshing noise in my right ear accompanied by pressure.. i was placed on 300 mg a day of wellbutrin because of the severe changes to my normal laid back self and i have grown aggressive... the endo said there was nothing else for them to do
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharaman 19 hours later

The symptoms seem to be related to the glumetza (it is a preparation of metformin), your weight loss may be related to it. You can consider stopping it as it is causing you too much trouble. You can send me the details of your hormonal studies as well as tell a little bit about your PCOS symptoms - please send me the details so that I can give you some useful suggestions.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Awaiting your response.

Anantharaman R