Taken norvasc generic. Having depression and constipation. What can be done?

Have taken norvasc generic for about two years. I've recently associated my depression (which I'm now being treated for) and constipation with the drug. Both of these conditions have slowly worsened over the past two years. Most doctors will say, "it's all in your head." Your opinion?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depression and Constipation are rare side effects

Detailed Answer:

Amlodipine in Norvasc can cause Constipation and depression but the incidence is very rare.

The only way to make sure is by changing the medication. If your blood pressure is well maintained by this medication, stopping this medication would not be a good idea. Do discuss about the same with your treating doctor.