Taken cortisone shot for wrist injury. Is a cast necessary and how long does it take to heal?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have injured my right wrist. Saw a wrist specialist 2 1/2 weeks ago. He gave me a cortisone shot and told me not to use it for two weeks and come back. It felt 100% better. He told me I could give tennis another shot. Was okay the first two times, but I felt it mess up immediately upon impact. Talked to my doctor, he is talking about casting it. I know it is a very extensive cast. Is it necessary and how long are they usually casted?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

Before I proceed further to answer your query, I would like to know-
1. When did you sustain this injury?
2. What was the first impression / diagnosis made by your doctor?
3. Were you investigated - X-ray/MRI scan done by your doctor? If yes, I would like to review those reports. There is a feature to upload the image provided on this page, you can utilise that.

Awaiting your reply...