Taken cervical cancer vaccine, next dosage delayed. Is there any side effects of delaying?

Doctor, I had taken the vaccination for preventing cervical cancer on April 24th, 2012. However, the next dossage has been delayed and it was not taken on May 24th 2012 as scheduled. Today it is XXXXXXX 18, 2012 already and second injection has not been taken. Please advise on:
1. Are there any side-effects because of the delay?
2. Is the first injection still effective when the second has been delayed for almost a month?
3. Should I continue this course or start a new course of the 3 injections at 0, 1 and 6 months?
4. The vaccination given was Cervarix. Should I switch to Gardasil from the beginning?
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us

1 No there are no side effects because of delay

2 You can take second inj now , there is no need to start the course again

3 Once you have started with Cervarix so it is better to continue with the same

Count 6 months from the date of first dose

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome