Taken Mifegest and Misprostol to abort child, vomiting, little bleeding. Not sure whether abortion has taken place

Hi sir, My wife was pregnant since 48 days. we dont want child now. So she has taken Mefigest (Mifepristone 200mg and Misoprostol 200mcg from Zydus cadilla) 3 days back. After the first dose only she started vomitting and very less bleeding. I am not sure that the abortion taken place or not? Can you tell me how to know it and how to stop the vomitting. She is not eating at all because of vomitting. Please help me.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 25 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Amount of bleeding depends on the individual but usually bleeding may last upto 7 to 10 days.

Nausea and vomiting are on e of the common side effect of this drug. You should also call your doctor immediately if you have general symptoms of illness such as weakness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or feeling sick more than 24 hours after taking mifepristone.

If she is experiencing since 3 days i advice you to see the consulting doctor.

You should return for a follow-up visit at approximately 14 days after administration of mifepristone to confirm that the pregnancy is completely terminated and to assess the degree of bleeding. Vaginal bleeding is not evidence of the termination of pregnancy. Termination can be confirmed by clinical examination or ultrasonographic scan.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.