Taken Mensovit for getting periods. Pregnancy confirmed. Will the use of medication harm the baby?

hi.. i'm 5 weeks pregnant now, i took mensovit plus tablets last week (six tablets in a day) but no sign of i want to keep the baby...will tat affect my baby?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 58 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Mensovit plus has not been studied in allopthy, it is a medicine of herbal extract. It is known to help women to get their periods where there is delay in Menstruation. The precise mechanism of action of this drug is not known. However, it is not an abortifacient.

Do not take any other medicine now except the folic acid. Please get an ultrasound scan to check for the well being of the fetus. It is most likely to be normal.

All the best

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.