Taken Krimson, had uprotected sex. Is there any chance to get pregnant?

I took krimson 35 for first day..and had sex that day itself after 1 hour..any chance to get pregnant??i'm taking this pill for last 9 days
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later
Krimson 35 protects you against getting pregnant provided you are taking the pill regularly. The degree of protection provided during first few days is comparatively lesser. But since you had sex on day 1 of the pill, it is not likely to be your fertile period.
The chances of pregnancy are less than 5% in your case. You will have to wait for your next periods to see the result.
Sodium valproate decreases the efficacy of oral pills to some extent. It is best if you use a barrier method like condoms during the first month of oral pills for double protection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.