Taken Amoxicilina for nasal drop and cough. No fever. What is the correct dosage?

Hello, I recently purchased Amoxicilina in Mexico in January, 500 mg. I am taking it for a cough and a nasil drip in my throat which causes the cough. In the past I have had anitbiotics to treat this and I goes away. I have no fever.
My wife informs me that I should take one 500mg pill 3 times a day for 7 to 10 days. So far I have been taking one pill a day for 2 days. What is the correct dose?
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I suggest 500mg pills, 2 pills in the morning and two pills in the evening (2.000mg/day) for 7 days. It should be sufficient.

Failure to get some relief might deserve a consultation with a physician. But with the above dosage, it should be sufficient to alleviate the symptoms. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.