Swollen, red bumps, painful to touch, used pads, sweating, shaved pubic region. What are the bumps?

i'm going to be as detailed as possible here, i have been with the same clean and faithful person for three years now and this is the first time this has ever happened. i was on my period and was forced to use a pad as i had nothing else. i never use pads and it was very hot so i know i was sweating. well i had shaved my pubic region and it was rather itchy. the next day or so i had these big swollen red bumps that are semi painful to touch. i don't know what they are, but i don't have any suspicions of it being an std as i have been with the same person for almost three years and this has never happened
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the details.

In view of details this doesn't look like STD.

Your symptoms arise suspicion of focal skin infection, mostly bacterial. May be recent shaving, sweating and friction due to pad might have predisposed this.

I think you can give a try to local antibiotic cream. This is very likely to help resolve these symptoms.

Follow-up: Swollen, red bumps, painful to touch, used pads, sweating, shaved pubic region. What are the bumps? 8 minutes later
The bumps don't seem to have any fluid, just red, swollen, and tender. Obviously everything I look up is saying herpes but I've never had this happen before and I've been with the same partner almost three years. Do you think I need to be worried?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 15 minutes later
Herpes blisters are generally cluster of clear fluid filled blisters and they are often quiet painful.Your symptoms are not typical of herpes.But if you search online for genital bumps, in variably you will find herpes as it is very common condition.

Being with same partner for long doesn't guarantee that you wont get herpes.As herpes might remain asymptomatic for long and person may transmit it without having symptoms or may not be even aware that he/she has disease.

I think you can give a primary try to local antibiotic creams.