Swollen lymph gland, fever, body pain. Done tests. Taking AKT4. Chances of lymph node TB?

Hi doctor, i have swollen lymph gland and get fever daily accompanied by body pain. I had done all tests for tb at one hospital and none of them gave a definitive answer. Now i am checking with another hospital. They have done my fnac yesterday again and sent it for tb culture and tb pcr. I am on akt 4 medicine for last 2-3 weeks now, but still fever and body pain is there. My question is what are the chances that i have lymph node tb.? Why do i have body pain if i have tb? If not tb, what else can be the probability
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
In Indian scenarios the TB remains the first diagnosis but if you have multiple lymph node enlargement you may be having a lymphoma, infectious mononucleosis, an HIV seroconversion reaction depending on your risk profile.
You can take tab. Calpol for malaise to give you comfort.
FNAC is good test, it would help in detecting if you have TB. and streamline the treatment.
If not then you can get work up for the other possibilities also.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!