Swollen lips, red rash below lips, under chin, skin peeling, brownish skin cover, angular cheilitis, cortisone treatments

For six months I've had symptoms of swollen lips, red rash below lower lip and under chin. Cycle of skin splitting, peeling, then thick brownish cast skin over....recycles.....
Seen primary care, dermatologist and allergist and all just say "dry skin use lotions." Have used anti-fungal (for angular cheilitis), anti-bacterial and several heavy duty cortisone treatments but still undiagnosed and no control of symptoms...???

Diabetic (tightly controlled on insulin 30 yrs),
Paraplegic, 5'6" if could stand, 150 lbs.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 17 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I need to see the pics of the lesions, before commenting on your problem.

At this point, the description that you have given suggests an Endogenous Dermatitis.

But it should respond to cortisone creams.

Does food/liquids drool through the angles of your mouth, be any chance?

Also, is there a history of recent viral fever like Herpes?

Please send the pics to YYYY@YYYY attn: dr XXXXXXX

I will be waiting for your pictures to be sent.