Swelling in the nose causing oozing, fever, body and headache. What should be done?

Hi , There is a pimple or sweeling which comes in my nose . It swells to a big one and pus comes out of it . Its very painful and the surrounding area also swells because of it damaging my looks because of which I wont be able to setp out of house. When it comes I also have fever , body ache and head ache. I consulted my doctor and he said its nothing to do with it and may be because of heat. Please suggest as which Dr should I consider(ent/general physician). What has to be done for this case. Now a days this has been often.
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
You are having recurrent nasal infection.
Avoid excessive fried, oily & fast food, avoid high starchy foods like breads, noodles etc., take high protein diet.
Apply topical antibiotic like Tbact or soframycin at local site twice a day regularly for a week.
Check for diabetes with fasting blood sugar test
Consult a local ENT specialist for further evaluation.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for further queries.
Follow-up: Swelling in the nose causing oozing, fever, body and headache. What should be done? 43 minutes later
What can be done to reduce the sweeling due to which entite lip area swells up and its painful too
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 16 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
The swelling which is reaching the lip area indicates severity of infection and should be urgently treated with systemic antibiotics otherwise it may lead to complications.
Please urgently review to a local ENT doctor/physician who would prescribe antibiotics and the medicine to reduce the swelling eg. Serratiopeptidase.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.