Suggest treatment to remove unwanted hair on face

Jan 2014

Hi I have unwanted hair on my face, Let me know about permanent solution to remove the unwanted hair without laser technique.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Laser is the only method which is permanent Detailed Answer: Hello and Welcome to Healthcaremagic. In males the most common concern regarding unwanted facial hair, is that either they are very coarse/thick and therefore difficult to shave Or the beard covers the whole or a lot of the cheek area as well. So, what the patients actually desires most of the times is "Beard Shaping", in which the beard line is recreated with the help of a Laser, thereby achieving the desired results. This is commonly and very effectively done with a Laser (Laser Hair Reduction or LHR). Another method which is now almost absolete is Electrolysis (Electrolysis is time consuming, painful and can cause follicular scaring). A cream containing Eflornithine hydrochloride is available which only slows the rate of hair growth as long as it is used, by interfering with the metabolism of hair (not a permanent solution). LHR is absolutely safe and the most acceptable method of hair reduction. Apart from mild redness post-laser which goes away with ice-pack application there are really no side effects with LHR, if done by a well trained/experienced expert. Normally it is advisable to take 6 sittings after an interval of approximately 4-8 weeks between sittings (interval actually depends on hair re-growth, means whenever you have a re-growth, you go for your next sitting). After 4-6 sittings you will achieve a good reduction which can be followed by 2-3 maintenance sittings once in year or year and a half. It is close to permanent hair reduction. Hope this answers your query regards