Suggest treatment to lose weight

I'm 100 lbs over weight is there some medications for weight loss
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that weight loss pills are the correct way of losing weight and they are even not helpful in maintaining weight but still Orlistat is the pill is generally prescribed for people who want to lose weight . I note that you are having hypothyroidism , sometimes when the replacement is inappropriate it also leads to difficulty in losing weight . So that aspect needs to be looked on . Secondly you are taking metformin that is also helpful in losing weight as it decreases the insulin resistance . The importance of having low fat diet and salad cannot be underestimated . Regular exercise is recommended . Take care. Dr. Shruti