Suggest treatment for swelling on upper lip and cold sores

Question
I have a small swelling on my upper lip which I have had for some weeks. Initially I treated it as a cold sore with zivorax, which I still put on some days. There is a small lump I can feel with my tongue. It does not hurt but it does slightly change the shape of the lip.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please upload the photo of your lips.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Please accept my condolences about the lost of your husband. I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Before running into final conclusion, I'd kindly ask to have a photo of the small swelling on your upper lip. That will help me assist you further. There are many problems presenting with swelling on your upper lip including cold sore or other oral infection. They are both presenting with general fatigued, weak chills and other symptoms. Looking forward to have the requested photo! Thank you! Dr.Bardha

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for swelling on upper lip and cold sores 2 hours later
I have managed to take a couple of photographs but can find no way of sending them to you. If this was an email I could attach but I don't seem able to do that.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can send photos at YYYY@YYYY Detailed Answer: Hi back, You can send the photos by e-mail at: YYYY@YYYY with subject line: "Attention to Dr.Fatbardha Sejdini". Once received, I'll come back to you with an answer. Thank you!

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for swelling on upper lip and cold sores 3 hours later
These are terrible photographs, I look 174 not 74!!! Photo 001 - my tongue is pointing at the place where I feel the small swelling and the feeling is just on the inside to the right of the centre. Photo 003 – I can see the shape of the lip is not equal – the left is as it was the right is where the swelling is. I don’t know why I am doing this, it is not for appearance but the upper lip is certainly not quite as it should be.

Brief Answer: Small swelling more alike to cold sore... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have gone through you photos although not clear enough. A photo taken nearer to your lip would have given more details. However, as from the photos you sent in, the small swelling is more alike to a cold sore unless you have other oral problems (including bad teeth). Otherwise, the cold sore will take more time to get healed on its own. I advise to my patients to apply honey on the sore for quick healing. If not improved within a couple of weeks, should consult with your physician for further evaluation! Hope this helps! Dr.Bardha

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for swelling on upper lip and cold sores 1 hour later
Thank you, I have thought it was a cold sore but someone said I should check it out!! I like the honey solution, I will certainly give that a try. Many thanks, XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Happy to be assisting you... Detailed Answer: Hi dear XXXXXXX After trying honey for few days, can come back to me and give your feedback. I also remind to : - keep a good oral hygiene - check your teeth regularly All the best! Dr.Bardha