Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

Dear Sir, I am married for three years and have a one and half year old baby. I amd suffering from Premature Ejaculation and the intercourse last may be less than 2 min. I can feel my penis is very sensitive. can you suggest some medication? I dont have any other ailments or complications. I am in sound health of height 5.5 and 60kg and do exercise daily.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follow below steps. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Important aspects of your query are: • 34 year old male • No medical issues • Complaints of: Premature ejaculation Premature ejaculation is a very common and treatable problem. Premature ejaculation is diagnosed when ejaculation time is less than 3 Min, or both partners are not satisfied with sex. Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like: *Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression *Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension, excessive alcohol use and neurological causes. Following steps will be helpful for treatment: -Treatment of above conditions (if present) after examination. -Start jogging in morning for 20-30 minutes daily, as it reduces performance anxiety and improve blood circulation. - Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a deep breath and stay relaxed during intercourse. - Do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Conversation with partner during sex also delay ejaculation. - Stop-start or squeeze-pause technique- In stop start technique, near ejaculation stop all movements, relax and think about something else. Then wait for 1 minute before starting movements. According to number of stops, ejaculation time will come under your control. -Squeeze- pause technique: squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute. -In many persons woman on top position increases ejaculation time, so try this position and experiment with other positions also. -Condoms with desensitizing creams (marketed as Kohinoor extra time) help in increasing ejaculation time. Follow all these above methods regularly and your problem will solve in few weeks. If problem persist then medical treatment in form of Tab Dapoxetine can be tried on demand basis, which used for increasing ejaculation time and used 1-2 hour before sex. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards