Suggest treatment for herpes

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
What is the options for treating genetic herpes. And genetic wards

Now around anus site is itch doctor didn't confirm that is genetic ward or not . How can I know that is genetic ward or not,
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding herpes and genital warts

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

An episode of genital herpes is treated with oral antivirals e.g either valacyclovir or famciclovir or acyclovir. Whereas genital warts are usually treated with either cryotherapy (freezing with liquid nitrogen) or with imiquimod or podowart.
You can upload clear images of the anal area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to confirm whether you have genital warts or not and guide you better.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for herpes 10 hours later
Thanks very much for the answering now i am so frastrated after got all test result . My doctor just told maybe i have genetic wards , did not check . Ordered 5 days valacyclovir for herpes i didnot see any blister yet. But any anuts is itch before i thought is homrrhoidal i had that problem before and i saw blood after BM . Now i started worried about it is genetic wards

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most like you have haemorrhoids

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have viewed the Image.

Though the Image is not very clear but I am reasonably certain that those are just haemorrhoids and not warts. However, you may take a DNA PCR test for HPV DNA for a confirmatory diagnosis.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for herpes 47 minutes later
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for herpes 3 hours later
This is. All lab test i did . I am not sure i did DNA PCR could you please check for me . Now i donot have any semptems . Now i am taking valacyclovir for 5 days as per my doctor ordered .Do you think i should take 5 days more

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding your lab report

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
This is a Pap smear report. You did not test for HPV DNA.
I don't think you should take valacyclovir since you don't have any genital sores.

Brief Answer:
Valacyclovir

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

yes, valacyclovir can be used for treatment as well as for prophylaxis of genital herpes.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for herpes 17 hours later
Thanks very much for the answering . I think this medication can prevent episode of herpes