Suggest treatment for gallbladder stone

is a 32mm gallbladder stone XXXXXXX for it required to be removed...if there is no pain?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Asymptomatic Gallstones can be left alone. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern Most guidelines say that Asymptomatic gallstones should be left alone. But if gallstones become symptomatic, causing colic, acute pancreatitis, acute cholangitis, jaundice, and other symptoms, the gallbladder should be removed. We use following recommendations for Surgery for asymptomatic gallstones: 1. Age <50 years 2. gallstones >=3 cm 3. gallstones <= 3 mm 4. Calcified gallbladder. 5. Gallbladder polyps > 10 mm. 6. Sickle Cell diseases 7. Immunosuppressed Patients This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD