Suggest treatment for dry and cracked penis skin

Hi my skin on penis has become dry and cracked at few places (front). Please advise treatment and medication
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Check your blood glucose Detailed Answer: Dear Mr XXXXXXX Good day and welcome to health care magic. I noted your problem and this is very bothersome for some people and cracks increase during sexual intercourse and during friction etc. I have seen many diabetes patients complaining of such problems and few come to know that they have diabetes for the first time when they develop cracks. I am not saying this is the only reason. Foreskin of penis is a delicate and sensitive area. Dryness can cause painful cracks. Sometimes this can get infected too. Please check your Fasting blood sugar and HbA1c. Keep the area clean by using a mild soap and warm water. Dont use hot water ( just warm water is good enough). If there is bleeding or pus or other signs of infection, then you must go and meet a doctor. If no signs of infection, then you ca wash the area as i mentioned above and wipe with a soft cloth. Apply a gentle moisturiser like Johnsons baby lotion etc only on the outer side of the foreskin of penis. DO NOT APPLY ANYTHING ON THE INNER ASPECT OF SKIN OR OVER THE GLANS PENIS. Apply this moisturiser 2 to 3 times a day and after taking a shower. And Avoid sexual intercourse and masturbation etc for few days. These cracks will generally heal. If it is happening repeatedly, then we might have to consider removing your foreskin ( Circumcision). Hope this answer helps and please write back to me with your blood glucose values Kind regards Binu
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dry and cracked penis skin 14 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX Noted your reply with thanks. As per your advise, I have tested fasting blood sugar and HbA1c. Attached the test report for your ref. I think the readings are NOT normal. Please advise next course of treatment and medication. Could you please also let me know the status/stage of blood sugar, food diet, precautions and doctor to consult going forward. Is it possible to have your contact number, so that I can call you to fix up an appointment to meet you. Also help me to understand the reasons for this sugar imbalance? Is it curable? I like to inform you that no one in my family has this problem. Do let me know if you need any further details. Look forward to hear from you at the earliest. Thank you, BR, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can't see the test reports Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I cannot see the attachment of blood reports. Could you please try attaching them on the right side of this query page or mail it to YYYY@YYYY to my attention. Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for dry and cracked penis skin 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX Parameswaran XXXXXXX As per your advice attaching test report. Please review and advice next course of treatment and medication. Looking for your prompt advice and positive reply. Thanking you,
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 6 hours later
Brief Answer: You have Diabetes Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX You have diabetes . But dont worry. It is easily treatable. Your Hba1c is quite high indicating that you have diabetes for several months now. ( have you ever done a diabetes test before?) I can't provide you with my number and i work in Kerala. Will be relocating to Muscat in 2 days. You can meet an endocrinologist at Bangalore who can help you. There are many endocrinologists in Bangalore and one of my friends Dr XXXXXXX Anakkal ( endocrinology department ) is working at Ramiah Medical college hospital. He will be able to help you further. You must start doing exercise and reduce sugary food and carbohydrate intake. You need furhther investigations including kidney tests, cholesterol, Eye check up etc. Stop Smoking ( if you are a smoker) Reduce alcohol ( if you take alcohol) Brisk walking 45 minutes a day will help. I cannot advice medications in this forum as that is against the rule. You may please meet an endocrinologist near to you. Kind Regards Binu