Suggest talcum powder or soap to relieve itching of skin

HI this is Yogesh,

My skin feels very itchy these days. Please help me with some talcom powder or soap which can help.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 29 minutes later

Since it is summer in most part of our country, the itching of skin can be most likely due to prickly heat (that is skin rash due to heat).

As for talcum powder, you can use over the counter talcum powder like Nycil which contains chlorphenesin a mild antiseptic used to treat prickly heat; and as soap you can use mild soap like Cetaphil which is a mild antibacterial soap.

In case you do not get relief you can get a medicated antiseptic powder like Mycoderm prescribed by your family general physician.

Hope this answer is helpful to you. In case of any query please write back and I shall help you. Please accept this answer and close the discussion if you have no further queries.

Take care and Regards