Suggest remedy to reduce pigmentation and scarring

Hi i scar very badly. I have an ugly scar from bunion surgery. The scar and the surrounding area are dark. Can you recommend something to lighten the area and reduce the scar?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 27 hours later
Brief Answer: use glycolic acid &hydroquinone tretinoin cream Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. To reduce the pigmentation and scarring, you may apply a glycolic acid 12 percent cream in morning and hydroquinone trerinoin steroid based triple combination cream at night. Continue the same for two months to see improvement. To help you out further, I will appreciate if you could attach an image of concerned area. Hope this helped. take care
Follow-up: Suggest remedy to reduce pigmentation and scarring 50 minutes later
Thank you. I also have dark spots on my legs as well. Can i use the same products?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You may use same products. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. I have seen the attached pics. In my opinion the creams mentioned in my previous post would help reduce the pigmentation. Also make it a point to keep the area well hydrated. The same creams can be used to decrease pigmentation over legs. Hope this helped. Take care