Suggest remedy to get rid of keratosis pilaris and have soft skin?

I'm fine doctor. I hope you're doing well too. I have another problem. I have keratosis pilaris on my thighs. They appear like goose flesh and it is rough. I cant expose my legs when I go swimming. Its very embarrassing. Someone told me to scrub, but that didn't help. Please help me to get rid of these keratosis pilaris and have soft skin. Please help me.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I would like to know some more details Since when do you have the condition? When was the condition diagnosed and who diagnosed? What medication have you tried till now? Did you have similar lesions in past? Kindly send an image of the part exposing the lesions, I shall have a look and advice you better. Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Suggest remedy to get rid of keratosis pilaris and have soft skin? 14 hours later
This condition has been persisting for the past 15-18 months. I never saw a doctor regarding this because I thought it might go away. This is the first time I am encountering this skin problem. For the time being I can send you an internet link. The image in this link looks exactly like mine WWW.WWWW.WW I encounter no itching or pain. Just roughness and dry skin.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Adapalene and Salicylix Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the information. Keratosis pilars is not a serious condition but only cosmetically unappealing. Hence can go for treatments which bring down the lesions mainly but not the process under. You can apply ADAPALENE ointment on the part affected in the night and SALICYLIX in the day. Do it for a minimum of 2 weeks to see some response and continue till the lesions disappear. Do apply moisturizer rest of the day to avoid dryness and subsequent itching and other complications. Regards,