Suggest remedy to achieve fair skin

Excellent

Question
Hello sir I want a sunscreen which will give me whitish look. currently I m using UV AVO SPF 26. Its quite good for me. I want more whitish look. can you suggest m something and can you suggest me some good facewash for daily use. and any cream for night use. thank you regards XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Hardik Thakker 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please read the detailed reply. Detailed Answer: Dear patient. Greetings from health care magic!!! I am Dr Thakker and shall be answering your question. I can understand your concerns about getting fair. I will try to answer your question and help you through it. I wish to know your skin type as in dry or oily or combination skin. I also like to know your skin tone and if you live in a hot humid climate versus a cold climate. I would recommend you a sunscreen : Sunban forte with SPF 50. this contains titanium dioxide which will make your skin look a little fair and whitish. I would recommend you to use AHA glow face wash twice a day. it contains glycolic acid which helps to exfoliate and lighten the skin. for night application I would recommend you kojivit gel which contains kojic acid, vitamins, abrutin. this can be left overnight on the face. it will lighten your skin tone after a daily use for about 4 to 6 weeks. These products will be available at your regular chemist shop. I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me. Yours sincerely, Dr Thakker

Follow-up: Suggest remedy to achieve fair skin 10 hours later
thanks for your quick reply I lives in Bangalore. its quite cold . and my skin is not oily. In past I have tried the Sunban forte spf 50 but did not got good result. can you suggest me some alternatives. I was used to be very fair. but now a days the sun, dust in metro like Bangalore is affecting my skin. I never tried AHA glow face wash and Kojivit gel. I will certainly try them for sure. for sunscreen please give me an alternative than you regards

Answered by Dr. Hardik Thakker 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please read the detailed answer. Detailed Answer: Dear patient, thanks for your follow up question. sunban forte has the maximum concentration of titanium dioxide and hence it will give you the best cosmetic appearance. However, if you feel it doesn't work for you I would recommend you another alternative. You can you the Lakme sun expert with spf 50. This also contains mainly titanium dioxide as a physical blocker. it gives a nice white glow to the face. I have a personal experience with this sunscreen and I have liked it as well. I would like to suggest you glycolic acid peels at a dermatologist as the best solution to your problem. These peels will exfoliate your old skin and get a new radiant baby skin back for you. I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me. Yours sincerely, Dr Thakker

Follow-up: Suggest remedy to achieve fair skin 2 hours later
sir I have used the Lakme sun expert spf 50. at first it will give the whitish look but after rooming in the sun it will give a oily look which I didn't liked about this product. I m wondering what sports persons are applying that really looking good. can you suggest me other than lakme.??

Answered by Dr. Hardik Thakker 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please read the reply. Detailed Answer: Dear Mr XXXX, I would like you to be realistic about your expectations from a sunscreen. No sunscreen can make you completely white and you go to be happy with your original skin tone. I have suggested you two best sunscreens available in the Indian market and you were not happy with those. I have had many happy patients with these sunscreens. The last suggestion I have for you is a Vichy dry touch sunblock with spf 50. You can get this from special stores like health and glow or from online beauty stores. This is much more expensive than lakme and sunban. I hope this satisfies your need. Neutrogena makes special sunscreens meant for sportsmen. It is called sports sunblock with spf 70. It makes the skin oily like an oil sleak. The cosmetic appearance is just not appealing hence I would not recommend this to you. Remember, the higher the spf beyond 50 more oilier will be the skin. I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me. Yours sincerely, Dr Thakker.