Suggest remedy for extremly dry skin

Hi, This is about my daughter who a year old now. Her skin is extremely dry & shits very visible & felt especially on her legs. I apply mosituriser almost 2 a day still dryness is there. Actually I too have dry skin & hence she might carry one but its surprising to see such a small one have it. Pl suggest how do ensure to remove dryness, also if its possible rhat she does not get it back.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query She might be suffering from icthyosis. In this condition the skin becomes very dry and flaky. Actually it will go off with age. Just keep applying a moisturiser. The best thing is coconut oil. apply it liberally three to four times a day. If possible please upload a photograph of her dry skin. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better line of management. Waiting for your response. Thank you