Suggest pain management treatment for Lupus

Yes I was diagnosed with a rare form of lupus. I have severe circulatory problems and severe arthritis. Was in army for 8 years then diagnosed with shin splints. Then right hand clotted, 5surgeries later rheumatologist diagnosed me with very painful form of lupus. I have been on strong pain medication prescribed monthly for 9 years. My PvP told me I now need to find a new doctor to prescribe my medications. Unfortunately I don't know where to go. Married 20 years with 18 year old gone working and school full time and a 14 year old. If I'm not on my medication I cannot even walk, my feet turn black n blue due to the circulatory problems. I want to talk about getting a possible pain pump but I waited and have only 10 days until I have no prescriptions or doctor. Insurance says call doctor doctor says call insurance,all doctors want referral I can't get. Have never been arrested no doctor shopping none of those issues.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult the sepcialist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I feel sorry that you have to go though tough times. Pain is the most unpleasant discomfort which has to be addressed soon. As you know I can't provide you a prescription for I haven't examined or ordered any investigations to study your condition. Kindly provide your address, I shall give you details of some pain management specialists who can assess you and plan on prescribing you medications. He/she may also consider to refer you to UPMC. Waiting for your response,