Suggest me a good diet to put on weight

Ayurveda Specialist
Hi... I look very lean.... I am 29 yrs old.. I want to put on weight... I want to put on weight on my face too.. Can you please suggest me a good diet...
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Weight Management Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health query and following points need evaluation from your side for better suggestions and Ayurveda approach 1.What is your assessment of weight loss: whether it is lost grossly or it is a small weight loss? And what is the relationship of APPETITE with Weight loss i.e. is appetite increased or decreased with weight loss??? 2.Any history of addiction to alcohol or drugs, malbsorption syndromes? 3. was examination for Hb%, WBC, ESR, FBS & Urine Routine been done? [any gynecological issue] 4. Although AGE is mentioned, but you have not mentioned the height/ weight which will help to assess the Body mass index (BMI) 5. not getting enough sleep and not drinking enough water are also contributory factors in not gaining weight [any associated mental stress or under hydration]? Your Nutritional Status Please revert back with following concerns for Ayurveda Dietary Regime and Medicines. Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika
Follow-up: Suggest me a good diet to put on weight 25 minutes later
My height is 5.2 ft.. Weight 49 kg.. Its a small weight loss. No addiction to alcohol or drugs.. No any gynecological issue... Due to work pressure... I culdnt eat my meals regularly last two months.. In a day i drink about 1ltr of water & have sleep about 7hrs..
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Dietary Regime and Supplementation Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thank you for reverting back with your health profile 1.Calculating BMI according to your Height and Weight it comes out 19.8 which is in Normal Range of standard values [18.5 – 24.9] A.Start first with cleaning your intestine: i.make powder of raw mango seed and take 250mg with yogurt or water empty stomach in morning for three days and start practicing Yogasanas, [of your choice] and Surya-namaskar. B.Improve Digestion: i.avoid: heavy, slimy food along with fetid odor and unpleasant sight and take old rice (1 year old but not diseased), green gram, fresh green vegetables, banana, pomegranate, garlic,ginger,raisins,black pepper, clarified butter, butter milk, regular brushing of teeth and tongue cleaning, bathing, lemon,salt, mint, morning walk ii. Take protein XXXXXXX diet (legumes sprouted pulses/cereals, milk with protein powder (which is required for manufacturing of antibodies) iii. Take vitamin A, B, C, E in diet which helps in strengthening the immune system. iv. Self expressed juice of white onion 6ml with honey in morning and good sleep after meals is good for gaining weight. v. Eat a variety of nutrient XXXXXXX food but who have some added advantage like: Cabbage (cholesterol lowering benefits), carrot (helps in liver detoxification), cauliflower (ideal against abdominal problems), dates (best for muscle development), and onions (contains flavinoids which protect against cardiovascular disease), garlic (has broad spectrum antibiotic properties) C. Daily Regime i. Don’t skip breakfast, and take your lunch between 12 -1 PM which is the peak period of Pitta (responsible for digestion) and have your dinner 2 hours before sleeping. ii. Make sure you do not travel, do strenuous exercise, or indulge in sexual activities within one hour after meal iii. It would be good if you cook some quick and healthy food and avoid taking junk/processed, easily available food from outside unless your job/occupation is of constant touring or mental/physical stress is more. iv. Proper sleep with proper diet is the key to healthy living in Ayurveda. v. Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine, eating late at night, stress, and drink water instead of colas vi. Practice Yoga, Meditation and go for an exercise regime.. vii. Walk a while after meal to help digestion Remember good food leads to noble thoughts with sound memory helping in mental health and social well being D. Rasayana drugs (Rejuvenation/Immunomodulators) is to be instituted in your management which will correct any dysfunction of tissues without disturbing the functions of normal tissues. Proteins are essential for antibodies production so milk, egg (white), beans, yogurt, soyamilk, pumpkin, squash, watermelon, peanuts, almonds, if non-vegetarian (meat) are choices i.Vitamin A: helps to maintain Thymus gland which is a powerful antiviral gland : thus mango,carrots,cantaloupe (विलायती खरबूजा),egg yolk,apricots, pumpkin, papaya, are ideal. ii. Vitamin C: is needed for proper functioning of immune system:amla (आमला ) is best iii.Vitamin E: is a powerful anti oxidant which helps to stimulate antibody production: peanuts, dried apricots, cooked spinach (शलगम) taro root (अरबी) can be taken iv.Vitamin B is important for the activity of phagocytes: eggs, cheese, pistachio, raw garlic, sunflower and sesame oil. Dr. Munish Sood Naimittika