Suggest dosage for rabipur vaccine

Hi I have some questions regarding Rabipur vaccine.

1. Post exposure schedule is 0,3,7,14 and 28 days. If for example dog bites on 1st may, then the dosage schedule will be 1st may, 4th may, 8th may, 15th may and 29th may . Is these dates are correct or not??? I mean to ask that the rest 4 doses are calculated with respect to day 0 dose??

2. If a person is undergoing rabipur vaccine but again dog bites him during the schedule then he has to go with the current schedule or he has to restart the schedule from day 0.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 2 hours later

1)Your question is regarding rabipur vaccination.

Schedule is day 0,3,7,14 and 28 .

You are right in calculating dates. On day 0 first dose is given and rest four are

calculated according to first dose.

2)While undergoing vaccination if dog bites, one need not to restart schedule from day 0 but to complete ongoing vaccination as per schedule.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

God bless!!
Follow-up: Suggest dosage for rabipur vaccine 2 days later
Thank you for your response mam.Actually i had been bitten by stray dog while undergoing Rabipur Vaccine.All the doctors told me that no need to refresh or restart the schedule except only one doctor,that caused anxiety in me as this is very deadly disease.So i written to Healthcare magic for complete satisfaction.I have want to take any risk.Thanks a lot again.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 8 minutes later
Thanks for your follow-up.

You need not re-start vaccination; complete your schedule on time.

Be careful in future.

God bless you.